Hi all,
I've just purchased a new monitor (Belinea 102035w 1600x 1050, 800:1, 16:9) for reviewing my footage after rendering in the hope this would give me a better indication of the colours and resolution. This would save me taking my camcorder down stairs and plugging it into my T.V to check.
The only thing is compared to my older monitor (1200x 768) it looks over saturated with colour. O.k everything looks brighter and more vibrant, but in my opinion too much. I've tried messing around with the settings but its still unforgiving for, say, the background scenes where you can see lines in the water through the changes of exposure and abbreviations (Pixelations) in the brighter parts. Also where I fast pan to keep up with fish or birds its blurring.
Where as my older monitor is more softer with less vibrance and on my T.V there is no blurring on pans.
A) Have I jumped the gun again and should have, maybe purchased a 16:9 LCD T.V for reviews instead of a P.C TFT LCD monitor. Or are they the same.
B) Am I doing something wrong. If you drag a photo from one screen to the other the difference in cotrast and colour is unreal.
I've upgraded my graphics card to NVIDIA G-FORCE TI. I'm operating with a AMD ATHLON XP 2200+
My friend said it might be because i'm using a DSUB lead instead of a DV-I lead ??
Any thoughts out there. I'm starting to pull my freaking hair out.
Dive safe
DeanB