Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Underwater digital imaging training

Started by Elissa ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater digital imaging training

13 posts
  1. I'm trying to put together a underwater digital imaging group within our dive club and am interested in finding out who is teaching underwater digital imaging, and videography.

     

    I'm in Southern CA (So Cal dive club of the Inland Empire) and have about 15 others who are likewise interested.

     

    Perhaps a separate area to post upcoming courses or happenings would be good?

     

    I'd also like to know if there are others out there who might be interested in an underwater digital imaging symposium in the So California area?...a meeting of those with similar interests, giving presentations and sharing their skill and questions with others?

     

    I would be interested in helping coordinate such an event...

  2. Why not organise a trip to Seychelles... I would be pleased to help with the teaching and post processing. There would be no limit to the people you may bring either I can organise everything.

  3. If I am lucky, I may get to see one of those beauties in Roatan.

  4. Shame on you Bob, that's a film photo, isn't it!!?!?!?! Frankly, I think you should pick ME to teach the seminar. Of course, you should fly me to the dive spot of your choice.

     

    /joking

     

    All that aside, I'm sure you can find an accomplished digital UW "expert" to come give a talk to your group. As you are beginning to see, with digital UW photo, actually getting the shot is only about 1/2 the battle. Then you've got image sizing, photo correction/improvement, RAW image conversion, digital workflow, archiving and backup, etc.

     

    Eric Cheng, the admin for this site could give a WONDERFUL talk I'm sure, and I am frequently in San Diego to visit my family. I don't know too many UW photographers that live in Riverside though...:)

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. No it is from a sequence of shots taken During the 'Gathering of Giants' episode in October 2000 in Seychelles... As published in the BBC Wildlife Magazine... Nah!

     

    I am also qualified to teach photography and videography at a professional level, but if you don't think I'm up to this digital stuff with my two new canon's I'll stand aside.

  6. PS

  7. Actually, I look forward to spongeing knowledge from Bob on our trip to BC as I find him the be extremely knowledgeable in this area. Watch his corrections on pics posted and you will see.

     

    Not to mention his shots continually make me say WOW!

     

    I think someone who does this for a living is very qualified to present to a group. I would join something in Bob's neck of the woods. Actually I already told him to keep me updated of his trips in the future. Or, if his spare bedroom opens up. (Not for long though with the little one on the way)

     

    He actually has a trip planned already that includes photo instruction I believe it is posted in the destinations forum.

  8. I was joking about Bob and his "film affliction." Sorry, it won't happen again.

     

    Bob is a true pro as his shots prove the tale. Now we just need to teach him digital workflow. Bob, if you're interested, I'd be happy to "brief" you on digital workflow.

     

    Cheers

    James

  9. I knew you were joking thus the "joking" comment in your post. Just thought I would clarify. I apologise.

  10. Here. Here.

     

    We will all learn from Bob on the Port Hardy trip. I can vouch for that.

     

    I guarantee you will all come away better U/W photographers.

     

    You'll also come away with split sides from the SOH ........and talk with a funny accent.......lol

     

    Mark H

  11. Do I need to schedule "tea time" between dives?LOL

  12. Bob, if you're interested, I'd be happy to "brief" you on digital workflow.

     

    Cheers

    James

    "I'm all ears" - A quote from 'Dumbo'

     

    Try and keep it below 20,000 words as I have a low boredom threshold

     

    PS For some reason I am not aquainted with this LOL...

    Is this short for something functional?

  13. See new thread.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.