Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Help me get into UW photography (camera question)

Started by wyzeguy ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Help me get into UW photography (camera question)

1 posts
  1. I know this is probably a cliche topic on here, but I thought I'd ask anyways. I'm a longtime land photographer wanting to take the leap into underwater photography. I can't afford a full setup for my dSLR, but I want a good starter rig that I can grow with. Specifically I'd like the following characteristics:

     

    ~5 MP minimum

    Preferably Ikelite housing

    FLEXIBLE setup that I can upgrade part by part

    TTL would be nice

    video mode for short clips

    white balance

    raw (is this really a big deal with a moderate-mp camera though?)

     

    And to make it really difficult, I'd love to buy this setup used for cashflow reasons. Ideas or suggestions or something ya wanna sell me? :) Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.