Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

D70 & Ikelite housing...

Started by MPC ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

D70 & Ikelite housing...

4 posts
  1. Getting ready for upcoming Cayman Aggressor Photo week in June!!!! :D

    starting packing to see how i am going to carry all of this stuff that I need now with the digital change :unsure:

    Anyhow my housing has a optional weight that can be installed in the arm set, is this necessary? do you D70 & Ike shooters use it?

    Been packing and can actually put a lot of stuff in photo backpack(carry-on) and laptop bag I can put the housing in there with the 8" dome port and put laptop in front of camera bag. Do must of you check your housings? Or carry them on?

    I also have girlfriend that may be able to take something on the palne if necessary, like the dome port or laptop.

    Just looking for some ideas B)

    Thanks for any info!

  2. I've never used the weight on mine. I guess it would be positively bouyant with just the camera and housing but with my strobes attached it's slightly negative.

     

    I'd always try to take my housing as carry on luggage but I did end up checking it last year when I couldn't sort out the weight any other way. 5Kg limit for hand luggage is the killer.

  3. I have never used the weight for either the Ikelite D100 or D200 housing.

     

    I have my bags stripped down to the absolute minimum.

     

    One Costco bag - BCD, wetsuit, fins, clothes, etc. -- 50 pounds.

    One Pelican 1610 (I know some people have had theft issues)

    I put my housing, 2 strobes, ports, chargers, etc. -- 50 pounds.

     

    One carry on Lowepro computrekker - camera, 3-4 lenses, laptop, reg, and mask. -- no idea how much this weighs (probably 25-30 pounds). I try to fly under the radar and make it not seem like it is really big and heavy and thus haven't had to check it in yet.

     

    see this thread: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5814

     

    have fun.

    I was just in Cayman Brac last wk. The water is incredibly flat with great visibility. I was on the plane with a couple who had just gotten off the Aggressor IV. They had an incredible time.

  4. The weight is used only without strobes then its give the housing good balance.

    Search here about packing techniques, this issue discussed here a lot.

    I'm personally use a very light roller, the camera with 2 extra lens on me and big laptop bag with more heavy equipment, until now no one check it and some times I had there more weight then in the roller.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.