Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Bleeding camera's !!!!

Started by DeanB ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Bleeding camera's !!!!

8 posts
  1. Imaging my shear dismay when I got to my film location, set up my camera, slipped it into the housing only to find the control grips not working. :unsure: I took the cam out re-checked everything then inserted it back...Nothing. 'Bloody housing' I thought. So I took it back out and checked the cam over..Everything was fine. I then had the Idea that maybe the socket to the lanc was dead, but no I thought, not my new baby, it would'nt do that to me. So I reset everthing to check again and plugged in the lanc lead from my tripod remote and... Still nothing. It was the camera, not the housing. Bugger.

     

    So now I wait for the UPS man to turn up to take my beloved away to Sony to be fixed. "within seven days" said the nice man on the phone. Just in time for my pike to have a mass orgy, spawn, eat each other, ride a tandem around whilst juggling six perch and then change colours to the union jack while cheering on the 2006 world cup winners "Come on England"... Why me WHY ME...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

    P.s hopefully its a one off and not a design fault in waiting...

  2. Forgot to mention..

     

    Has anyone else experienced a power surge (sort of pulse) when the camera is in the 'OFF / Charge' position. I had it firewired to my P.C but it kept connecting then disconnecting (on, off - on,off - on,off) I only noticed because the connection tone kept going on then off through my speakers..

     

    This is when connected both to the mains and battery...

    WEIRD

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. Hey, you never stated what kind of Sony it is!

    Steve<;^-v--> B)

  4. He has the little HD, not sure if HC or the other one...

     

    That sucks Dean!!!

     

    But it saved you from having to dive in cold nasty water... :unsure:

  5. The dreaded curse of the black pit strikes again.

     

    That firewire issue is a new one to me and going to be a pain in the arse for quick workflow. I wonder why the pre-HDV cams didn't have this issue.

     

    Dean are you using a Mac?

  6. Hi Guys,

     

    Yeah, sorry I have the A1E... I'm using a P.C.

     

    I'll have a look at Clive's link...Seems like a right pain though.

     

    Cheers

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  7. WOH!!!!!

     

    That's horrible!

     

    Does this mean that one day, my ports fry and my computer need serious hardware reperations?

     

    erghhhhhhhhhh.......

     

    The facts in the sonyhdvinfo link seem to imply that my computer sees the camera as an external drive with one having to safely eject it before disconnection or mode changes.

     

    No it doesn't.

     

    Is this an HD thing or are some facts muddled here?

     

    Cheers lads..

     

    Chris

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.