Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Going to Flower Gardens over Memorial Day

Started by CeeDave ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Going to Flower Gardens over Memorial Day

5 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    For the first time since leaving Texas in 99, I'm heading to the Flower Gardens the end of the month. Any other Wetpixelians there? It'd be nice to know, to look for you! Any tips on what to prepare for (besides prospect of a cancellation!)? I'll be in Houston several days beforehand, on business -- any particularly good camera or scuba stores I should try to stop by? I have vestigal abilities to navigate inside-the- and near-loop regions of Houston...

     

    All the best,

    Chris

  2. Hi C Dave,

     

    Since you've been there you know the drill. I've only been once in Aug 2003 and enjoyed everything except the currents!! I did find this, a golden variation trunkfish which is endemic to the Flower Gardens. Hope you have great viz and weather.

     

    gallery_3995_148_4362.jpg

    Edited by Scubaskeeter
  3. Likewise, I really wish I could go too, but I'll be out of town that weekend.

    Dive safe!

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Thanks for the replies and the unusual trunkfish pic.

     

    James, is Houston Camera Exchange still worth a stop for checking out their used gear?

     

    Cheers, Chris

  5. Hi Chris,

     

    Not much used UW gear except for the odd Nik IV but they have a decent selection of used lenses.

     

    Cheers

    James

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.