Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Coolpix 5000

Started by denny ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Coolpix 5000

8 posts
  1. I am using a Ikelite DS125 and Ike housing on my 5000. When I bring up Speedlight Options in the menu and try to highlight the "variable power" or "speedlight cntrl" option, I cannot. I can only change the "shot confirm" option. Any help would be appreciated.

     

    Denny

  2. This option is only available in M or A mode of course. I also believe you need to change the speedlite options from Auto to Int and Ext Active...

     

    I haven't played with this in a while, so maybe Dave or Chris can help more.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I feel quite ignorant. I am sitting here trying to get the settings to respond, but no luck. Anyone who could help with this, I would be really apreciative.

     

    Denny

  4. Suggest you reset all controlls to default. Put it in manual exposeure (or A), select disable external speedlite. You should be able to access speedlite control through the menu. Unable to duplicate your problem. I'll be back monday if you are still having problems.

  5. Reset to default and everything is fine. Thanks for your help.

     

    Denny :)

  6. I got the same prob and also reset. It also solved the prob and I was able to reset my custom functions and so far the problem hasn't reoccurred. Maybe a software glitch??

  7. I have found that I must set the speedlight options first, then custom settings. If I do customs settings first and then try and change the speedlight options, I cannot. Hmmmm

     

    Denny

  8. What I think happened is you probably had the camera set to "Continuous Low" or "Continuous High". When set with this the Flash menu is diabled except for "Shot Confirm"

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.