Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Web Page Help

Started by Lndr ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Web Page Help

6 posts
  1. I'm hoping someone can help me with a "how to"

     

    I'm doing a website for our dive club (though not a web guru by any stretch of the imagination). As you can imagine there are a wide range of PCs in the club and I'd like the site to look OK on as many screens as possible.

     

    Anyway... what i would like to do it have two images as the masthead. One on the left and one on the right that can effectively overlap as the browser window becomes smaller ... hmmm ... does that make sense :P

     

    I've seen it on some sites, but they have a heap of stuff going on and I'm not sure what makes what happen :D

     

    I'm limited to non-active content by our $0 ISP. And am using CSS's. Software is Dreamweaver 8.

     

    Thanks!

    Leander

  2. Hello Leader

     

    Sounds like you need a stretchy web site, one that fiits in a tiny 800/600 14inch screen but also will stretch out for much larger res/size ones.

     

    They can be abit tricky to set up as you have to get all the text and stuff just right. Basically just make you frame 100% width and it will fill the page in the browser.

     

    Have a look HERE as its a stretchy one I made. Look at the top and bottom of the page. The top overlaps the green crop etc.

  3. yeah ...stretchy ... that'd be the technical term I was looking for :P

     

    Thats what I want to do - Some of our members have the dinosaur screens and others have the big high res beasts.

     

    So is the td width what controls how the images overlap ... like how you stop the right justified image coming all the way to the left? Also can you control the order of the overlap (which image is on top) or is that always left > right??

     

    So many questions :D

     

    the website (very unfinished!!!) is http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~jbdivers/

     

    cheers

    Leander

  4. Here is another way you can do it.

    Stretch the PICTURE

     

    You can load a pic in a table or as a background in the table. The pic in a table will slide over the background pic in the same table.

  5. ta :P

     

    I like the overlap rather than the stretch. I'll have another crack at it tonight.

     

    cheers

    Leander

  6. Good luck...

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.