Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

High speed imaging captures nematocysts sting...

Started by Seriola ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

High speed imaging captures nematocysts sting...

5 posts
  1. Thought you guys would find this interesting if you didn't already see it... in short, scientists have finally been able to record a nematocyst firing off from a jellyfish (stinging). They characterized it as one of the fastest cellular processes in nature and used a frame speed of "1,430,000 frames per second". Pretty amazing.

     

    Nematocyst article

     

    Cheers,

    -Wyatt

  2. Thanks Wyatt,

     

    I wanna see the pics - I wish they would post them online.

  3. Looks like you have to be a subscriber to see it. I can only see the title and authors... :P

  4. Sod the pics - I wanna see the actual video clip!

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.