Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

EOS 1Ds

Started by Cybergoldfish ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

EOS 1Ds

7 posts
  1. If anyone is interested - The current cost of the Eos 1Ds in Singapore is just under $7000.00 plus shipping.

  2. Bob, you mentioned you got 2 1Ds'. Any initial thoughts on the camera overall?

  3. Hi Tom,

     

    It feels the same as the standard EOS 1's in the hand - not as nice as the Dynax 9, but that's just me probably. A lot more refined than the D1.

    Nice bright viewfinder.

     

    The images directly from the camera are amazingly good (I used JPEG's to take some touristy snaps this morning) and the colour looks good with reasonable balance graduations and saturation.

    The autofocus system is red hot too, but we will have to see how this performs soon with a big APO on it. It'll take me a while to get used to it.

    A lot to adjust to on the software front and I think the next few nights will be spent ploughing through the destruction manual.

     

    I shall post a full test during the course of the next few weeks or so, I don't have too much time with a hefty workload to catch up on and being married doesn't help... No peace for the wicked eh!

     

    I am waiting for two new lenses to catch me up from Singapore over the next week too and a couple of new system flashguns - which will eventually get housed.

  4. Looking forward to the full test!!

     

    I can understand the "married with children" issue, it certainly means you have to balance a bit....

  5. Now thats worth a thread.......Kids or Diving.....Hmmmmmmm

     

    Bob, that price is good, it is the same price in UK£ over here, also getting rave reports- 'best digital camera ever' etc. So look forward to the shots.

     

    Mark

  6. Are you housing your 1ds'? If so how? I am thinking about trying to house my 1d.

     

    Thanks

  7. I am checking out several avenues - Marc Furth has a good product.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.