Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

PSP & RAW images

Started by markh ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

PSP & RAW images

11 posts
  1. I am a Paint Shop Pro user and currently unable to recognise RAW files from my Oly E10. I know there is a plug in for Photoshop. Is there a similar one for PSP or does anybody else use anything a bit cheaper than Photoshop that does recognise RAW?

     

    Mark H

  2. Sort of found a way around this. I have just come across a useful download programme called ORF which allows you to open and even manipulate & then save the files se Tiff/Jpeg etc. Also has Photoshop plugin.

     

    Heres the link.

     

    http://www.dcnicholls.com/plugins/

     

    Here's a brief summary of what you get

     

    Olympus® RAW File (.ORF) Import Filter for Photoshop

    The plugin and associated files on this page are provided by Paul Dempsey.

     

    Note: ORF.exe is a much later development that the Phootshop plugin and includes many more features.

     

    Photoshop plugin (latest update: 17 April 2001):

     

    ORFImport.zip [zip file - 23KB]

     

     

    The zip file contains:

     

    ORFImport.8ba - the Photoshop plugin file itself [140KB]

    ORFImport.txt - a text file that explains the plugin [4KB]

    ORFImport.acv - a file to set curve corrections [1KB]

     

    Mark H

  3. For those who are remotely interested I have just received a response from those very polite guys at Digital Workshop about this very problem. Their response to my question whether a patch was available for PSP was, as follows:

     

    "Unfortuantely, there is not an available patch for Paintshop Pro 7 that will support this file format.

     

    If you are trying to import images from your digital camera, you may try opening up the camera software via the 'Twain' device within Paintshop Pro.

     

    While in Paintshop Pro, make sure that your camera is pluged in and switched on. Click on 'File'>'Import'>'Twain'>'Select Source'. Select your camera from the list and click on Ok.

     

    Again, click on 'File'>'Import'>'Twain'>'Acquire'. This will start up your camera software, allowing you to import the images into Paintshop Pro.

     

    One way is if it connects directly to your computer (e.g. through USB, FireWire, or a Serial cable). These use a Shell Interface. This means that they should add a new drive to your 'My Computer'. You would then be able to go through any Open dialog (e.g. inside Paint Shop Pro™ choose File > Open) and find your camera under the Open Location drop-down list at the top of the Open Dialog.

     

    Hope this helps"

     

     

     

    A bit long winded, I feel.

     

    I have pleaded for DW to produce a patch!

     

    Mark H

  4. Ever get the feeling that you are talking to yourself?

     

     

    I suggest you buy photoshop elements (Jessops £65.00) if you are too tight to buy the real thing!

     

    Remember you are never alone with Schizophrenia...

  5. Yeah. Banging that wall becomes a habit after a while!

     

    Too tight!!! At over £500 you gotta be joking. I would never pay that for any software, certainly not when PSP offers an almost equal package (might start a separate thread on this!).

     

    The RAW recognition and generating web page image library features would be worth investing in Elements though. Having said that I don't think Elements supports the latter?

  6. Talek'ing of Spock can you do this with Paint Shop Pro?

     

    Digital in it's 'purest' form

  7. Um, Bob, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I doubt that most of us could do that in Photoshop OR PSP...

     

    Like you said in a previous thread, you've really gotta be an every day user to get the most out of Photoshop.

  8. Bob,

     

    Yeah right!!! Which site did you down that from?

  9. Hey, I do not pilfer!

     

    I build them from scratch...

  10. Bitchin bro!

  11. .... and then render them

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.