Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Synch Cord Setup Preference?

Started by gengiant ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Synch Cord Setup Preference?

5 posts
  1. With my new DX-D200 housing I am in need of purchasing (a) new synch cord(s). Is there a preference for setting up dual strobes with either two single-strobe cords or a single dual-strobe cord and why?

     

    Thanks!

    GG

  2. If it’s possible two cords is usually better option, in case of failure you can still use the other one, same for the bulkheads.

  3. I use one dual cord. It's one less connector. Bring another one for backup.

  4. Two bulkheads and two cords is the preference. If you flood one bulkhead, you can use a dual cord on the unflooded one. If you flood the second one, you are just out of luck...:-)

  5. I used to use a dual cord (my Sea & Sea came with only one bulkhead) and now use dual cords/dual bulkheads - the single cords (non-dual cords) seem to be more durable (I've yet to have a cord fail, and I've gone through 3 dual cords).

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.