For those of you using one of the new Sea and Sea housings, has anyone found a way to improve the viewfinder on it? In the limited testing I've done, I've had a bit of a tough time seeing the whole viewfinder at once, and had to resort to moving around a bit to see the whole thing.
Any thoughts?
Don't yopu get an optics kit with it?
A what?
You can take that as a "no" since I've thoroughly played with every single piece that came with it....
It's a No. The D100 version has problems here, too.
Yeah, I was assuming the D100 had the same issue. There was an article on Backscatter reviewing it that mentioned it.
Now the question is, how to improve it?
Jump onto the S & S site to see if they do an optics kit. This is basically to adjust the optics so the whole screen can be seen fromfurther back - ie the extra distance created by housing & mask.
Thought of that, but didn't see anything. I also looked in the 2003 print catalog at my local dive shop, and didn't see anything.
There's an optic in the housing already, and I'm sure it helps, it's just not great. If they had just made it a tiny bit bigger than it is, it would be okay, but since it's a circle, and the viewfinder is rectangular, it trims off some of the view...
MMMM' Is it fixed?
Maybe another manufacturer can supply something - try Ike, he should be able to help out.
Sorry, should have clarified. There's an optic of some sort that is a non-removeable part of the back. I'm having issues with it installed, so no, it isn't fixed.
The Ike "Super-eye" optics kit is about 1/2" to 3/4" long. It slides over the rails on the camera viewfinder piece. Would that fit in the Sea and Sea housing"
The diameter of the back of the supereye is about 3/4"
It works really well in the Ikelite housing.
HTH
James
It might, but I suspect it wouldn't, as you have to remove even the rubber eyecup to get the controls to work properly, so there's not a lot of space. I'm going to see if I can get the Super-Eye anyway, just to try it out.