Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Help - too many options - brain dead . . .

Started by landyman ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Help - too many options - brain dead . . .

3 posts
  1. Hi,

    I'm looking to get a realtively cheap digi camera for diving. I'm going to the maldives again in about a month and I really regretted last time not getting one as the diving was fantastic.

     

    My budget is max 500 pounds all in and since I'll be in the maldives I'm not thinking of getting a flash but I'd like a macro lense

     

    At the moment I'm looking at

     

    Olympus 350

    - comes out at £410 for camera, olympus housing, spare rings and grease. I can then get a macro lense for 100 pounds which screws to the housing. Grand total $510

    There seem to be a lot of good reviews for this but shutter lag seems to be an issue

     

    Nikon coolpix 5600

    - comes out at £250 for the camera and housing, with a macro adding $120 to the price giving a total of £370.

    I can't seem to find any reviews of this - is it a bad choice since it's so unpopular? On the plus side I have one of these for a normal camera and quite like it

     

    any other suggestions in that price bracket are most welcome as I've spent the last 3 hours looking at this and my brain now hurts a lot :lol:

     

     

    Al.

  2. Hi Al,

     

    With either setup, you'll be using the internal flash and getting within 1 foot of your subject.

     

    In that case, look at the two housings and see if the lens barrel significantly blocks the flash.

     

    James

  3. Get your SP-350 on Ebay for about $250 American Dollars. Brand New.

    Get your PT-030 on Ebay for $200 American Dollars. Brand New.

    Go to InonAmerica and buy their adapter and Macro Lens for around $250 American Dollars.

     

    Later,

    Gary

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.