Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

eCost Deal on Viking 256meg CF

Started by james ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

eCost Deal on Viking 256meg CF

12 posts
  1. http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?DPNo=948625

     

    256meg Viking cards for $69 bucks. These cards are some of the fastest you can get for digital cameras. I bring along two as backup in case I ever have a problem w/ my microdrive.

     

    HTH

    James Wiseman

  2. Thats a good price James. Here in the UK the cheapest we can get is £68 which equates to $110. See link:

     

    http://www.digitaldepot.co.uk/memorydepotcouk.htm

     

    I wonder whether ecost would ship to UK & what cost would be?

     

    Mark

  3. Oh don't start that again!!LOL

    I'm just kidding.

     

    If they ship to Canada I would bring them for you for the trip.

  4. lol. Maybe I should just move to the US.

  5. What, Canada isn't good enought for you?

     

    I do see they ship to Canada, they just add in the lovely taxes.

  6. Let you know after Port Hardy trip!

     

    Taxes! Is that Canadian Government or your accountants. lol

     

    These are the ony taxes I pay!!!

  7. Sorry forgot the punch line!

  8. *Oops Sorry - I was thinking Kingston and not Viking for some reason*

     

    I saw that deal also, but I believe the price drop in Kingston CF memory is related to their change in CF architecture decreasing the performance of their cards. I haven't seen any information on their newer cards performance, but below is a quote from RobGalbraith.com and the link to his article on CF memory.

     

    "Kingston, for instance, has migrated from Toshiba SLC to Toshiba MLC in 2002, with a corresponding drop in write speed performance."

     

    Rob Galbraith Compact Flash Review

     

    Regards,

    Chris

  9. Dell has 256MB Simpletech on sale today (last day) for $76.95 with a $20 rebate. Also free shipping if over $99.00

    Forest

  10. lol. Maybe I should just move to the US.

    They wouldn't have you

  11. Buy.com was running a four hour sale on 512MB SimpleTech CF cards for $189.99. I believe the sale resumes from 4-8pm PST today. There is also a $50 rebate available from Buy.com on these cards bringing the price down to $139.99 (free shipping). I checked the performance reviews at DPReview and this card performed well on the Canon D30 (assuming the same is true for the D60), but did terribly when used with the Nikon Coolpix 995.

     

    Chris

  12. Same sale applies to the Viking 512meg card. Go for it!

     

    Cheers

    James

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.