Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

P9 housing

Started by asimon ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

P9 housing

9 posts
  1. Hello all,

     

    I have a Sony DSC-P9 and am planing to buy Sony's marine pack for it.

    Is there someone using it?

    Did someone ever flood the cameradue to any problem with the o' rings?

    Should I buy it?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Andrew

     

    :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

  2. I do not own a P9 myself, but know of several people with the Sony housing for the P9 and have not heard of any flooding problems.

  3. Hi ya

    I don't use a P9, however.

    I do use a P1 with Sony pack.

    It's only been on aprox 8 dives and nothing deeper than prob 65 feet(I was chicken to push it's 30m rating). No leakage problems here.

    The only thing I found was unless I was careful not to leave the rig where it could get warm before a dive it would tend to fog up.

    L8R

    Gary

  4. I hope this is not inappropriate but I have a sealed NIB housing for the P-9 for sale in classifieds. I just bought it but I have decided to upgrade all the way to an Olympus C5050. TedJ

  5. I'm very happy with the Sony P-9 Marinepack.

    I made about 100 dives with it. Pushed it over the limits of 30 m and had no problems at all. I open my marinepack after every dive to change the batteries of the camera. I do not always clean the ring, but it is still completely waterproof.

    What I like about it, is that it is very easy to use and still very small. Because I am an instructor I normally couldn't take my camera with me, because they were too big. This camera I put in a small bag attached to my jacket and take it out when needed and if possible.

    So my advice would be: Yes, buy it if you already have the camera!

     

    Jacky

  6. I have had the P9 and MPKP9 housing for about 5 months now, it has been to 136' with no problems and I pack along two HVLML20M video lights, and have taken several photos in the cold dark waters of the Puget Sound outside the Seattle area, some can randomly be seen at

     

    http://www.crawford.winisp.net

     

    Any questions please don't hesitate to email.

  7. Thanks guys for your help!

    I'll buy it and then I'll post my impressions here on the forum!

     

    Thanks again,

     

    Simon

  8. Hi there, late reply to your post, I know...BUT, I have the P9 setup and marine pack also and really like it. I have been using a 50w video torch which can produce some hot spotting and motion shots are a bit difficult as well. There is a little "shakey hand" that you will see quite a bit at first on the viewfinder.

    I am going to replace my torch with a digital flash set up soon (I hope) for better pictures. The filter is an absolute must and well worth the extra money.

    We have dove it down to 126 without leakage and have had no problems at all. A little anti-fog on the inside of the housings lens surface goes a long way.

    Best of luck, look forward to your shots!

     

    Joe Honu B)

  9. Hi Jacky,

     

    I'm chong haur from malaysia. Can i have some advice from you about what setting should I set for my DSC-P9 to have good photos underwater..

     

    Hope to hear from you.

     

    Thank you.

     

    Chong Haur

     

    I'm very happy with the Sony P-9 Marinepack.

    I made about 100 dives with it. Pushed it over the limits of 30 m and had no problems at all. I open my marinepack after every dive to change the batteries of the camera. I do not always clean the ring, but it is still completely waterproof.

    What I like about it, is that it is very easy to use and still very small. Because I am an instructor I normally couldn't take my camera with me, because they were too big. This camera I put in a small bag attached to my jacket and take it out when needed and if possible.

    So my advice would be: Yes, buy it if you already have the camera!

     

    Jacky

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.