Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Confessions of a sardinops runner

Started by Drew ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Confessions of a sardinops runner

1 posts
  1. Hi my name is scubadru and I'm addicted to the sardine run. I've done it too many times and cannot stop.

    My first time I went to south africa to do it for 1 week and I left 3 weeks later. In 2003 I went for 10 days and stayed 6 weeks.

    2 girlfriends, 1 car and 1 house later, I'm still doing it every week. I'm weak and cannot help myself. I'm even learning Xhosa so I can chat with the witch doctor(sangorma) about sardines. He's blessed the event 4 times. I dream of thousands of dolphins and birds but not my girlfriend. I go gwack gwack before I dive to eat. I bump into metallic and electrical things. I click at beautiful girls in an effort to feel their internals.

    I chatter on the air traffic radio asking for "any bird activity?"(not a good idea with homeland security)

    I think I'm a dolphin whisperer and whale rider (of course within 300m of the whale like the IWC wants!)

    I practice bubble netting and platform diving to go deep. I have no life and I spend waaayyy too much money on the run with very little return (and a lot of headaches)

    and you know what... I LOVE IT!

    So for those 10 lucky guys who are going on the wetpixel trip, let me say this... have no expectations and enjoy what the run gives you. 8 days on the boat isn't enough but with lots of luck and Eric's little hood, you may hit paydirt.

    As for ettiquette, if you see another boat on activity, please stay at least 50m away unless beckoned near. Then you will get to see this :D :

    post-1861-1148442543_thumb.jpg

     

    If you come close and worse dive into other people's activity, then you will be this :blink::):o :

    post-1861-1148442566_thumb.jpg

     

    Oh and one more thing, set aside $6k a year from now on, you'll need it. B)

    Sardinops Sagax beckons... and I answer.

    Edited by scubadru
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.