Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Found this in Taucher.net

Started by Elli and Ted ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Found this in Taucher.net

8 posts
  1. OLN

     

    Sick <_<

     

    Ted

  2. BTW "Taucher" is German for Diver

     

    Cheers

    Ted

  3. Yup, I watched two episodes and was not impressed. The boats were nice to look at, but as far as I’m concerned it was just a bunch of grown men cursing and swearing, and behaving very badly. They should have had Jeffery Springer as the announcer to complete the effect.

     

    The show was as much fun as watching somebody pick fight with a drunk in a bar. It’s hardly a fair fight with all the equipment they bring along. I mean, if you want to have a contest, then get in the water and fight with the shark, man to beast, otherwise for me it’s useless butchery of not only the shark, but other fish as well that were used as chum. (1500 lbs. of chum was used by one boat, alone, over the course of two days).

     

    It’s amazing all the destruction and loss of life that can be caused by 40 grand in prize money.

     

    Wouldn’t it be great to have a contest where the winner actually contributes to, and enhances the environment for prize money, instead of this wanton destruction?

  4. Here is the note I sent to them. Here is the email address for "feedback":

     

    www.olnfeedback@tsn.ca

     

    Dear Sir or Madam:

     

    I was saddened to see your network promoting “Shark Huntersâ€. Regardless of your disclaimer*, the consensus is these are slow to mature, slow to reproduce creatures vital to the ecology of the ocean. Your continuing stereotypical representation of sharks and your support of their injury and death is a discredit to a network calling itself the Outdoor LIFE Network.

    Edited by NWDiver
  5. Here is my comments I sent to them....

     

    You guys are a bunch of D*&%heads putting on stuff like that.

    Shark Hunters .....

    You have no idea....all you care about is making money...any idot can bait up the water and catch a shark just like anyone can throw out chips to catch a seagull.

     

    I hope the producer or who ever came up with this stupid idea gets bitten by one next time they go in the water.....

     

    Paul Wags

    Australia

    www.hdvunderwater.com

  6. Wags, you are a poet!!!! :)

  7. Thanks for the email address. I accidently saw about 5 minutes of a show while random clicking and was totally disgusted. They will soon receive another nasty-gram from me.

     

    Steve B :unsure:

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.