Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Follow Lemon Shark Research Project Online

Started by shark8matt ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Follow Lemon Shark Research Project Online

3 posts
  1. hello all -

     

    This June finds me elbow deep in lemon sharks yet again - I am staying at the Bimini Biological Field Station - Sharklab in the Bahamas and working for Dr. Samuel Gruber of the Univ. of Miami. We are conducting the yearly census of the juvenile lemon sharks in Bimini lagoon (the PIT project)vand I am photodocumenting the project. Many of you may remember that Eric photodocumented this project a couple years ago - I only hope I can do half the job that he did! You can live the PIT experience vicariously through the following website...

    http://www.miami.edu/sharklab/pit_06_intro.html

    I should be updating the site every other day for the duration of the month of June. I will cover all facets of the research and both areas of the lagoon, as well as some long lining for larger sharks...So stop by, check it out, and drop me a line with questions or comments...

     

    cheers!

     

    - MDP

  2. Hey Matt! Unreal you are there again! How's the whole development deal in the North Sound? Effected the Lemons? Looking forward to seeing how PIT goes.

     

     

    Give my best to Doc!

    Aloha

    Bryce

  3. Hello all -

     

    just wanted to say a new update is up - Sharkland 2006 is finished and we are moving to the next section of the lagoon, the North Sound. Hope you enjoy it!

     

    cheers!

     

    - MP

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.