Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

View finder

Started by IMSushi ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

View finder

2 posts
  1. I could have looked this up in the site's search option, but i don't know what to call it to create a search. This is a totaly newby type question, but I'm comming from a digital P&S camera and don't understand how this works. Thanks for your patients in advance!

     

    I'm looking at finally getting a dSLR camera, probably the d70s, and some housing. What I don't get is how you look through the little hole of the view finder AND the housing to get a well composed shot? I rely heavily on my LCD of my little P&S to get the object and composition right. The view finder is even completely blocked, so I couldn'tuse it if I wanted to. The new Sony Alpha 100 dSLR has a live LCD to do just that. I have read enough to understand that the LCD screen isn't accurate enough get the lighting/exposure just right, but if you are shooting in RAW, why would that matter as long as you have bracketed each shot?

     

    Long and the short, is there a magnifyer or some other piece of equipment I haven't heard mentioned to make the photo in the viewfinder bigger so you don't have to put your mask directly on the housing to see through it?...or do you??

     

    Just confused.

  2. HI,

     

    I fully understand your problem & as the nikon D70 does not have a very

     

    big view finder in the first place it takes a lot of practice. This may sound

     

    funny :unsure: but practice on dry land & put your mask on, get the hang of it before

     

    you get in the water. Also a lot of the housing manufacturer now make & fit

     

    magnifiers. ( but they do cost alot of money) as most things do to do with

     

    scuba diving & photography :(:(

     

    Andy. :(:unsure:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.