Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

*Sigh*...longing for Bali....

Started by Scubaskeeter ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

*Sigh*...longing for Bali....

3 posts
  1. I'ts true, smells and tastes can stir memories, and this case it was at a local Malaysian restaurant where I ordered the chicken dish, AYAM PANGGANG. Instantly, I was transported back to Bali in my mind. A beautiful, serene place with gentle people, warm waters, and good friends.

     

    I haven't been in the ocean for 8 months, which probably explains my melancholy mood.

     

    False colors green turtle from Wakatobi:

     

    post-3995-1149818297_thumb.jpg

  2. Well that you should *sigh". Bali's rainy season this past six months was much wetter, hotter and less comfortable than usual. But the southeastern monsoon has finally kicked in, sending wonderful onshore breezes to this side of the island, lowered temperature and humidity, beautfiul deep blue skies with lots of puffy white cumulus clouds. From now through October is the real reason to be here. Not, in my view, the food, though I recognize that your ayam panggang could be to you what those madelaines were to Proust.

     

    Frogfish

    Edited by frogfish
  3. Hi Robert,

     

    Well, I must confess to getting a"C" in French Lit, although I did enjoy reading Albert Camus, "The Stranger". I shall read somthing by Marcel P., recommendations for a first book?

     

    From someone who has lived continuously above the 42d parallel, let me remind you that you don't shovel rain, be grateful it's liquid.

     

    Hope all is well.

     

    Scott

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.