Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

DAY DVD's

Started by wagsy ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

DAY DVD's

12 posts
  1. I just thought I would share with you what can be done with a Windows PC if set up correct.

     

    Today we went out (Me and Kel) and shot the Whale Sharks trips on two boats.

    We used a Amphibico Navigator 900, Phenom and a A1.

    At 6.00pm I sucked in the all the footage from the camera's.

    Edited both both up.

    Encoded both up

    Compiled and then burnt all the DVD's in just 3 hours..9.00pm

    That included a NTSC version for each boat as well. :unsure:

     

    Total sales came to $1,060 AUS dollars for the day :unsure:

    Yep we killed the pig today..... and now Im sitting here with a burboun...cheers..

  2. Yep we killed the pig today..... and now Im sitting here with a burboun...cheers.

     

    God bless souvenier imaging, not the most glamourous imaging job but it sure can pay consistently well.

     

    Wags , It's Bourbon ( still tastes the same no matter how you spell it. ) Have one or 3 for me :(

     

    Sounds like your whale sharks were alot more appreciated than my pygmy seahorse ( bargibanti ) discovery at the Cod Hole ( Ribbon reef #10 ). :(:(:unsure::unsure:

  3. Damn, I should move to Australia. Is Aus. NTSC or PAL by the way?

    Steve B)

  4. Wags,

     

    I do not know how you sleep at night (with all that cash under your mattress :unsure: )

     

    I got up at 6.30am spent the day filming in a quarry, 3 dives around an hour and a half long..Got home sifted through my footage and went to bed around 11PM..

     

    All in all this cost me £50 for the privilage.. :(

     

    I'm totally in the wrong place.. But I still love every moment of it :unsure:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. Hey all, maybe you can help. I thought I would change the photo but that didn't work so choice the same one I always used but and it is in under my profile but no longer next to my name in posts.....I tried contacting Eric but he is probably off somewhere. Any suggestions?

    Steve B)

  6. Hi Steve,

     

    If you use the button on Wetpixel for help and support, it will send your note to the admins, NOT just Eric. Worth trying next time, eh?

     

    If you go to your user control panel / profile - you should be able to upload an AVATAR photo to go under your name. Just follow the directions for size, etc.

     

    James

     

    Wags: You are making me jealous - not bad for a day's work.

  7. Damn Wags!!!!! Great day out!

     

    How many you sell?

     

    Better question... how many did Kelly sell! hahahahahaha

  8. Kelly beat me :( but she had more customers.

     

    She sold 11 out of 20 pax and me 8 out of 13 plus a heap our our Naturally Ningaloo DVD's we sell for a special price on the day. Total to make and burn was 19.

     

    There is a guy here one year that sold 20 out of 20 PAX...he had a late night that night. :unsure:

     

    The key to selling is not just how good you film but your interaction with the people on the day. Hey even on days we see not sharks she still sells. :(

     

    Who says we keep the cash under your mattress :(:D

     

    Today she only sold 3 :( only had like 7 pax.

     

    The phenom works real well with the LCD screen shooting them while snorkeling.

    Im amazed at how easy it is to push through the water. Funny jumping in with it though or trying to hold it up and get a uptop shot :unsure:

     

    Steve Aus is PAL Land... and Peter, yes my spelling is $#&*^% :P

  9. Wags - your spelling is only marginally worse than your maths. :unsure:

     

    You achieved 61% and Kelly only got 55%. That said both a fantastic numbers given that most pax are travelling in groups. The type of %'s you guys have achieved suggest that either you had a day full of singles or it was one of those magic days.

     

    You are absolutely correct on the other part of the sales process - you just have to love a mermaid....... wish I had a whole pod of them.

  10. Yes my maths are bad as well :(

     

    Funny thing though, it was a windy, rough horrible day.....strange how that works.

    Other days we see Whales, lots of good slow Sharks, Mantas on a flat perfect day etc etc and no one is interested :(

     

    We sell them for $50 AUS each and they cost us less than a buck each to make.

    We keep 100% of sales, but like I say, anyone is welcome to do it... just be prepared for those days were you make zero $$. I can remember doing 8 days straight for zero $$ a few years ago. <_< :unsure::D

     

    I can also remember a day where we had only 6 pax and I sold 8 :unsure::(

     

    It's Kelly's first year doing it and I'm amazed at her sales.

    No you can not have her Peter. :P

  11. Good stuff Wags...

     

    I need a girlfriend it sounds like..... :unsure:

  12. Mike I think you need at least two so one can do vids and the other stills. :unsure: or maybe a harem of them :unsure:

     

    The other day the weather was horrible and we killed the pig. Today it was perfect, sharks swimming around in circles and each boat having a shark or two each and only 4 sales. <_< Strange how that happens.

     

    Anyhow I got some cool shots with the Phenom and Kelly still made more than the skippers for the day. :(

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.