Hello All,
Just wanted to post a note that there are a couple of new video podcast episodes up on DiveFilm Podcast Video: "Sulawesi Cephalopods" by Kathy & Mike Schnetzer and "Life and Loves of the Opisthobranch" by Walter Marti. Both films were very positively received by the audience at the most recent San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition, and we are honored to be able to share them via podcast. Thank you, Kathy, Mike and Walter!
You can get to the podcasts by clicking on the link in the righthand sidebar on this webpage!
Currently in production for future episodes: Sam Hinton, The Scripps Years. Sam is a renowned folksinger, now in his late 80s, who (I learned only recently) was also the curator of the Scripps Aquarium Museum from 1946 through 1964, and learned to dive one of the first Aqualungs in the U.S. with Conrad Limbaugh in 1949. Incredible man!
Also in production, a very recent video interview with none other than Eric Cheng about his first experiences with underwater video. I was particularly interested in finding out how his background as a still shooter affected his approach to video. A great interview and some really incredible images--stay tuned for this one!
Now in preproduction, "Eddie and the Hagfish." I say preproduction because just yesterday I had the opportunity to plunge my hand into a bucket of writhing Hagfish. Very cool! I believe that Hagfish have been given a bum rap, they're really trippy to touch--so long as you don't make them slime! Eddie Kisfaludy, the Marine Technician at Scripps, will tell us all about the lives of these unusual creatures.
Well, back to the editing suite--hope you all enjoy the podcasts!