Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Organizing Pics on liveaboard..

Started by MPC ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Organizing Pics on liveaboard..

3 posts
  1. Well its been a long time coming but next week we are off for our trip on the Aggressor. we been in touch with Mike & Mike our instructors and they have been singing the praises of Apples Aperature for fast and easy editing. With the amount of pics we will be taking for the week i do not want to be spending all of my spare time getting frustrated in front of my laptop, now being I have a PC and use Nikon Capture and Photoshop CS2, I do not have the option of Aperature.

    Is there a program that I should get for fast and easy editing of mass pics?

    Like I said I have been using Adobe Bridge for my land stuff, but have not had massive quantiies like I will on the Aggressor.

     

    Any advice would be great!

    We leave Thursday!!! Tick tock, tick tock :unsure:

  2. i've been thinking of the same issues for myself.

     

    i have just been using Nikonview but I am outgrowing it.

     

    here are the two i'm checking out.

     

    photomechanic

    http://www.camerabits.com/

     

    and iview

    http://www.iview-multimedia.com/

     

    nice thing is that you can do the trial version for each to see which one you like.

  3. MPC, 99% of daily news photographers, where deadlines hang over your head and time is money, use Photo Mechanic. That number drops to about 85% for weekly newsmagazines. It's worth 10 times the price.

     

    As always, try before you buy.

     

    All the best, James

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.