Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nexus D100 Housing

Started by wesley ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Nexus D100 Housing

10 posts
  1. I am about to purchase a housing for my D100 and have been researching like crazy. I have pretty much eliminated the Sea and Sea. I would love the Light and Motion but they won't be out until March. Would possibly get the Ikelite but they have no announcement as to when theirs will be ready. So I am thinking the Nexus housing which looks cool but can not find any information from actual users...so please if you have one let me know how you like it.

  2. Marine Camera has it posted on their site. Send them an a-email -- they may know something. Also check out the posts on the Subal housing. That one looks pretty awesome. You might also send Woody Mayhew an e-mail. He runs www.nexusamerica.com and may have tried the housing by now.

     

    Mike

  3. Mike

     

    Thanks. I checked out all the info on the Nexus at usanexus.com. I will definitely send an email...thanks for the info. I would buy the Subal but the $600 price difference beteween the Subal and the Nexus doesn't seem justified. Can't tell what the Subal has that makes it so much more expensive.

  4. The Subal has probably the best quality ports in the business but that does not justify the cost of the housing... I have always classed housings across the board way beyond belief cost wise and as UW photography became more popular the price unbelievably went up instead of down!

    Realistically I think maybe they assume the D100 will only be around for a limited period and for a limited amount of users - This added to the fact they are Austrian.

     

    Best buy as far as I can see the L&M jobby but Nexus are consistantly good value - If there can be such a thing in UW photographic equipment.

  5. Yeah that light and motion titan for the D100 looks fantastic but I leave for a trip to Belize March 8th and need to have my D100 underwater...Light and Motion is thinking end of March for delivery. Well perhaps I will be the first one posting on how well the nexus works.

  6. Wesley,

     

    Another thing you should consider is the housing optics: As the D100 has only an am' finder you require a housing with good compensatory optical kit. According to form the S & S one is far from satisfactory presently.

  7. Yeah I read that about the Sea and Sea. I wish Ikelite would get their case done as the price I am sure would be far less than any others.

  8. Seems unlikely that you can get a Nexus in that time frame either.

    I've been in line since Dema and the odds are questionable for my trip at the end of February.

     

    I agree the L&M is awfully sexy, but after being burned on two L&M products I'm reluctant to put any trust in their electronics. I'd really like to hear of anyone getting reliable service out of the ROC controllers since that's what scares me off the L&M D100 housing. Too bad since machine work looks so good.

  9. Check out Marc Furth's housing in a parallel thread.

  10. Maybe you should give Aquatica a call,I was there last week,and saw there

    D100,it looks really nice.I also think there pricing is much lower than the

    other aluminum housings,and also there ports are less expensive.Speak with Blake,I am sure he will be able to help you out.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.