Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

The better Sensor

Started by IMSushi ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

The better Sensor

2 posts
  1. I've searched in vain for an hour looking for a previous topic that covers this, but can't find it. Please help! Thnx. Which camera manufacturer makes the best sensor for low light levels?

     

    I am getting the idea that it is pretty much a wash between Canon and Nikon on other camera aspects. Maybe this issue will steer me in the final direction. I'm looking between the Nikon D70s and the Canon Rebel XT. Both are about the same price, come with nearly the same lens, XT is 8MP and D70s is 6MP, at least a few housings to choose from. If I had a rich uncle that could give me his old lenses, maybe that would sway me? I know I'd be happy with either.

  2. Low light / high ISO performance is a Canon strong point. Have a look at the review on dpreview:

     

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos350d/page19.asp

     

    The graphs doesn't tell whole story. Look at the same test shots on the D70 review page and compare.

    Edited by herbko

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.