Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

eel-like gobioid from Caribbean

Started by Art ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

eel-like gobioid from Caribbean

4 posts
  1. Hi folks

     

    is this a microdesmiid fish ???

     

    if not, what is it ?

     

    Caribbean coast of Panama, collected with a suction pump

     

    cheers

     

    Art

     

    post-1504-1150321575_thumb.jpgpost-1504-1150321595_thumb.jpg

  2. I want to say it is an Ophidiidae but I am not sure... How deep was it? What substrate? Can I send the photo to a friend of mine to identify?

     

    Luiz

  3. Sure Luiz you can, no need to ask ;)

  4. forgot to say, it was really shallow: 0.5 m or so, sandflat, near seagrass, Isla Grande

     

    I collected a microdemiid once in Aruba, was quite different, the face was really .. "ugly", can't find another word .. this one is actually quite nice

     

    A

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.