Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Squid attack video and documentary (trailer)

Started by gonetobaja ·

  • 18Posts
  • 18Replies

Read-only discussion

Squid attack video and documentary (trailer)

18 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

     

    Here is a clip on our new video release Called Demonio Rojo. Its a documetary on the humboldt squid and how we have formed a eco tourist based dive program around them. there is great footage of them eating krill, and alot of great footage of them attacking a diver. This was not staged or made up using fake squid.

     

    We are going to have a screening in a few weeks, I though you guys would like a sneak peak....

     

    GTB

     

    "the link"

     

    http://www.spearfishingvideos.com/Movies/F...ODPreviewV2.swf

  2. WOW!

     

    Very nice work and thanks for the preview.

     

    Todd

  3. Very impressed, excellent cutting and good use of Psunami software. This is a trailer that will attract a lot of interest.

    Steve B)

  4. Verry COOL!

    I like the editing and als the sounds that you added are intresting.

  5. Actually the sounds of the Squid hitting the diver are real. they were picked up on the hydrophone during the attack. Its the sound of the ring teeth on the tentacles as they slide off of the camera and diver armor.

     

    Ill make sure and post when the screening is going to be. It will be in Los Angeles.

     

    GTB

    http://www.sea-wolves.com

  6. That was cool.

    Well done

    Agro little things or what....anyone get hurt while shooting :D

  7. During the first attempts to film them Scott got a ruptured ear drum from getting dragged down too fast and also a dislocated sholder that was sore for a few days. After the design of the armor and the use of a steel cable the injurys pretty much stopped with only a few bites on the chain mail.

     

    Now we have a safe system but it took a little trial and error....... :D

     

    GTB

    http://www.sea-wolves.com

  8. hahahah guinea pigs to ravaging squid.... sure hope you no longer eat calamari.... its a karma thing....

  9. I am from the CDL or Cephalopod Defamation League, a division of PETA, or Please Eat Tasty Animals, oops, er, I mean people for the Ethical Treament of Animals.

     

    We wish to lodge a formal protest with you Baja Divers. We have planned a grassroots liberation rally campaign wherein we will hold hands, sing KumBaya in a circle jerk, oops, I mean circle, then commence a hunger strike to draw attention to the plight of squid.

     

    :D

  10. Its funny you guys mention eating Calimari. Scott my partner wont eat anything from the sea. He says the same thing about Karma. He shakes his head every time I devour a plate of fried Calimari. :D

     

    Rebreatherdave....Please let the people from the CDL know we are running out of tartar sauce and will need to be re-supplied ASAP. Furthermore, hugging, carressing, and....dare I say.....loving the squid on Mexican beaches is strictly prohibited, so the circle orgy hippy thing will have to be held indoors...... :(

  11. he circle orgy hippy thing will have to be held indoors......

     

     

    Where's the sign up sheet for THAT?! But if the hippie chicks don't shave, forget it! lol

  12. OK everyone,

     

    the documentary will be showing at the Pacific Theater in Hollywood on July 25th at 7:30pm

     

    Here is a link to some info on the place

    http://www.liveland.com/pacific.htm

     

    You have all probably seen the trailer but here is the link to the offical site were the trailer may be updated.

     

    http://www.seaofdemons.com

     

    tickets are 5bucks I think....

    Edited by gonetobaja
  13. New info....

     

    The tickets are now free to get in!! There is over 1000 seats in this theater and I would like all of my fellow wetpixel members to show up if you can. Its gonna be a great show.

     

    www.seaofdemons.com

  14. wanna pay the airfare from Yap? i will come...

  15. Ok, so how does one get tickets for free? Without the add-on hairy hippie chick orgy thing....

     

     

    Mike, I though I heard you saying you would be in P.G. in August.

    Edited by RebreatherDave
  16. All entry is free to the theater. All you have to do is show up with all of your friends. If you guys are serious about showing up I can reserve a place for wetpixel members but I need to know how many would come.

     

    I dont even think we have tickets.....

     

    Let me know how many wetpixel members are going and I will reserve some seats in a good section.

     

    www.seaofdemons.com

  17. Well guys, tonights the night......

     

    As fellow video and image makers you guys can understand why Im kinda nervous. We have 1000 seats.

     

    My fears

     

    What if only 50 people show up and their all my friends? What if 2000 people show up and none of them are industry distributors?

     

    I guess Ill just have to hold my breath (not on scuba) and wait to see what happens. It would be great to have some WETPIXEL members there!

     

    If you show up stop over and say HI!!

     

    http://www.seaofdemons.com

     

    GTB

  18. Best of luck GTB... break a leg!

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.