Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Stills on a DVD

Started by shawnh ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Stills on a DVD

3 posts
  1. A really nice feature of DVD Studio is the ability to quickly attach a slide show by dragging in stills from your trip. Makes a great addition to the DVD options.

     

    My issue is that my stills come accross very pixelated once I burn the DVD and watch on my HD TV. These are 4-6mp stills. I tried removing all transitions, but this made it even worse. Seems that MPEG2 likes moving vs stationary!

     

    I am wondering if i need to set a specific resolution/pixel count to get these to display well when converted to MPEG2 by DVD Studio.

     

    Any advice would be great.

     

    Shawn

  2. Hey Shawn

    Im on a PC but this may be useful.

     

    Slide shows made with DVD authoring programs are not 100% with all DVD players. If you are making one just for yourself then no probs but if it's for a large market then it's not very wise.

     

    The best way to get great looking slide shows is to do the following.

    Build the slideshow in you NLE program and then encode out the Mpeg2 file and then make/build your DVD. If you can encode out a progressive mpeg2 it will look very good but if interlaced apply reduce flicker filter to each pic on the timeline and then encode out the mpeg 2.

     

    With Premiere Pro you can import any size/res pic jpeg/psd etc and then crop/resize etc as you go. Fidley but in the end looks very good. I have done DVD photo montages with 500 pics this way.

     

    Cheers

    Wags

  3. Wags,

    I was considering this could be the issue. I'll give it a look see and let you know how it turns out.

    thanks

    shawn

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.