Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Website hosting

Started by xtremediver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Website hosting

6 posts
  1. I am presently using Go Daddy, but am looking for a more image freindly host where I can input my own data; image displays and shopping cart etc. not just a template. Any input would be greatly appreciated. B)

  2. I have my own server, set it up for about $50 and the server cost another $200. Now I have full control over it and unlimited space.

  3. what equipment are you using? How is your downtime?

  4. I am a rank amature when it come to this server stuff.

  5. I have Win Xp Pro computer dedicated as a server. I use instant servers as the software and no-ip for DNS, UPS on all equiptment and uptime of 95% not bad for one running at home, check it out using the digitaldiver link below, runs great.

     

    Software

    No-Ip

  6. Host it myself. Static IP and Server 2003. Not hard at all.

     

    Plus if you host someone else's site as well and charge them, poof, it's all a write-off for taxes. Hardware, software, connection charges, electricity. Woo hoo!

     

    All the best, James

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.