Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

HD Codecs

Started by David White ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

HD Codecs

7 posts
  1. Just finished rendering the Bonaire video with Vegas 6 into HDV 1080-60i intermediate Video for Windows.avi format with the Cineform HDV codec and playback is choppy using either Windows Media Player or RealPlayer. A message is displayed indicating that Media Player cannot download the appropriate codec to play the file. Any ideas or suggestions as to which codec should be used and where it may be available? Thanks for your help.

  2. HI David

    Hows things.

     

    Just wondering, have you been trying out different Aspect HD versions. I did and it messed things up abit, so I uninstalled aspect and reinstalled and away WMP went.

     

    Wags

  3. Hello Paul,

     

    Thanks for the response. I re-rendered the file into .wmv format and it plays perfectly with Windows Media Player. Interestingly the .wmv file (1440x1080) is 4.04Gb and the same file rendered as .avi is 47.1Gb. Did not expect to see such a disparity in size.

     

    Just received my port back from Amphibico after correcting the vignetting situation. Also received the new port plus a set of Tiffen diopters and your manual White Balance fix. Now I just need to see about getting it all wet (on the outside, just the outside).

     

    By the way, love your clips. Keep up the good work.

     

    David

  4. Hi,

     

    I'm new to this forum and will browse through the archives to see more clues, but I'm doing some work now and its driving me crazy.

     

    I use Premiere pro 2.0 and have captured my footage in the mpeg format and it looks great. Now what I want to do is edit down my footage and take the best bits for my footage library, however, I cannot manage to do this. The only format that is close to the quality, uncompressed AVI is ridiculously large. I just want to save it in the same format that it already is. You mentioned different Aspect HD versions, what is that??

     

    Ive been using standard premiere for years with DV and only recently changed over to HDV, its great but like being a beginner again.

     

    Thanks

  5. Fat Fish

    Apspect HD is a plugin for Premiere Pro 2 and 1.5.

     

    Editiing raw m2t files is very very hard unless you have a super fast computer, so Aspect HD converts it to a AVI format as it comes into the computer which is easier for the computer to edit.

     

    You will need lots of space as the AVI files are much larger than the m2t mpeg ones. I have over a 1000 GIGS :)

     

    Once you edit the clips you then need to encode out a m2t file and then send it back to the camera in HDV mode. You cannot send it back like mini DV in real time from the timeline.

     

    If you are using Prem Pro 2 then you need Cineforms Aspect 4 version. You can download it ant try for 15 days.

     

    Have Fun.. :D

  6. Cheers Wagsy,

     

    I got onto the Aspects site last night I'll give that a go today. How many gis per hour are you looking at for the footage?? Just so that I know if I'm doing it right.

  7. Once it gets conveted to Aspects AVI format, then 1 hour will take up around 30 GIGS.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.