I've been looking for royatly-free music for my dive videos. Can anyone give me some information on where to get it, recommendations for underwater or nature video and what formats that you find most useful(mp3, wav, cd, etc)?
Thanks,
Bill
Read-only discussion
I've been looking for royatly-free music for my dive videos. Can anyone give me some information on where to get it, recommendations for underwater or nature video and what formats that you find most useful(mp3, wav, cd, etc)?
Thanks,
Bill
Hi Bill,
There are many providers of such music that you can find on the net.
Try RoyaltyFreeMusic.com or musicbakery.com or pdinfo.com (click on Royalty Free music at the latter site).
Many of them provide either wav or MP3 format. We prefer the CD level quality but MP3 at highest sampling is quite good depending on your application.
Michel Gilbert
Try http://www.freshmusic.com also.
I'm going to have a play with Sony's Cinescore software which has recently come out. You choose a theme, give it "hints", and it does the rest. Sounds far fetched but apparently it's quite good.
Nick
I used Cinescore on my last DVD project (which was also my first DVD project). I got a lot of positive comments on the generated music. I haven't dug very deep into the advanced features of the software, but on the surface it was pretty easy to use.
if you have a mac and a .mac account, there is a lot of it for free on your iDisk.
Hey Roger - where are you finding that in iDisc? I've been looking but to no avail. Anymore info would be great.
Bryce
hmm, it used to be there:
http://www.macobserver.com/article/2001/10/17.7.shtml
now it looks like it's in iTunes somewhere. Maybe that opens it up to non macs, too:
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.