Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Fuji S1 pro LAG?

Started by landlockedinTN ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Fuji S1 pro LAG?

4 posts
  1. This is somewhat off topic since I will not be using it u/w, but was considering getting a Fuji S1 pro in order to defeat lag time issues. However, I read on a digicam review site that there is a .7 second lag in full AF. Are there any owners out there that can confirm this? S2 owners, how does the S2 compare in terms of lag?

  2. that seems awfully long!

     

    i know that with the D60, I tend to shoot in AI Servo mode, because if the camera can't get a lock in the "normal" mode, it won't fire. (in AI servo mode, it continuously tracks, even when the shutter is held down 1/2 way). As we all probably know, the D60's less-than-stellar AF performance makes this a very real problem.

     

    Oh -- this is only when the focus is tied to the shutter button. Most D60 users also frequently shoot with the focus tied to the * button.

  3. "Oh -- this is only when the focus is tied to the shutter button. Most D60 users also frequently shoot with the focus tied to the * button."

     

    Eric,

    What is the * button?

     

    I agree that .7 seconds seems long (comparable to your average prosumer digicam). That is why I am questioning it. I got the info from Imaging-Resource.com. It does say that shutter lag in manual focus is .1 seconds.

  4. "Oh -- this is only when the focus is tied to the shutter button. Most D60 users also frequently shoot with the focus tied to the * button."

     

    Eric,

    What is the * button?

     

    I agree that .7 seconds seems long (comparable to your average prosumer digicam).  That is why I am questioning it.  I got the info from Imaging-Resource.com.  It does say that shutter lag in manual focus is .1 seconds.

    There's a button on the back of the camera with a '*' on it. Normally, it locks the exposure, but it can be changed to lock the focus as well (or, instead).

     

    We're missing the "other" button which is so useful on SLRs, which is flash-exposure lock. The only way to get flash exposure lock to work on a D60 is to set focus on the shutter. When a E-TTL flash is attached, pushing the * button pre-flashes to determine necessary flash power and locks it there.

     

    The first-rev UK housing didn't have access to this button, which was unfortunate for off-center (or off-focus point) E-TTL usage with a housed Canon 550EX flash -- but only because there was no way to use that housed flash in any mode other than E-TTL.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.