Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

HD video sharpness on computer flant panel?

Started by RebreatherDave ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

HD video sharpness on computer flant panel?

9 posts
  1. I have the original 22" lcd flat panel Cinema Display by Apple. Is my HD footage going to not look remotely sharp on that monitor compared to a plasma HD tv?

  2. The Apple display is 1920 x 1200 isn't it? That means pixel-for-pixel display of 1080i footage which should make it about as sharp as you can get. Most of the "HD-ready" TVs I've seen in the shops here (Thailand) are 1366px wide which would imply some re-sampling.

  3. Interesting topic Dave and Nick.

    Those latest big Mac screens are wonderful.

     

    We are looking at a big screen display ourselves. High Defintion Ready TV's as the adds say are not true high defintion. Most do 1280/720 but true HD needs 1920-1080.

     

    True big HD Plasmas are $$$$.

    True big HD LCD's are $$$.

    DLP TV's look good but the globe wears out.

    HD projectors are another option but the $500 globes only go for like 3000 hours.

     

    The Epson TW600 Projector looks like a good one.

     

    We are leaning to a projector though for a huge wall and big impact, but still abit undecided, any thoughts.

  4. I don't own a tv or a wall....

     

    Just this lonely little screen in my aquarium.... sniff....

     

     

    :lol:

  5. For editing and viewing of my own footage I'm probably going to buy something like the HP 24 inch display, outputting from Vegas as a "secondary Windows display" over DVI.

     

    Looks like the latest Apple displays are similar apart from the supported OS.

     

    Dell has more analogue inputs and a better choice but not available in Thailand :lol:

     

    If I do a dive show then I reckon a projector would be a better bet than an LCD/plasma. It depends how big a flat panel you can afford to rent I guess.

     

    HDV folk... what are you monitoring on at the moment for editing and colour correction?

     

    Nick

  6. the NEC HT1100 does 1920 x 1080 ...

  7. Mike.

    If you got one of THESES then you could use it for both, TV and Wall :D:lol:

     

    Yeh Nick that would be great to edit with. I just use twin 17 inch LCD's and have match them close to the colour I see on the camera's LCD. Need to really get a card to ouput to a high res TV though.

  8. How do you lay out your NLE Wags? Do you have a Premiere Pro preview window filling up one of your 2 displays? Is it OK for judging focus?

     

    Wondering if I could put off the 1920 x 1200 display purchase until later and stick with my 2 x 17" displays for now.

  9. Twin 17 inch LCD's at 1280/1024 look great.

    Go here for a look. Im using a old matrox RT2000 twin output graphic card to drive them. Works a treat.

     

    Layout One

     

    Layout Two

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.