Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Resistance is futile

Started by Craig Ruaux ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Resistance is futile

1 posts
  1. Microsoft Corp has acquired iView Multimedia

     

     

    I have been a fan of, and relatively heavy user of, iView Multimedia's products for a while now. I have even been using Media Pro 3.0 as a quick browse/select tool for images before importing them into Aperture. But I have also been gradually moving away from iView as I get my head more firmly around Aperture's workflow paradigms. So I find myself ambivalent (at best) about this aquisition.

     

    I suppose Microsoft decided that it needed to work in the DAM/Workflow space, and decided to buy rather than roll their own (which seems to be a bit of an M$ M.O., if you'll excuse my editorializing).

     

    I remain to be convinced that this will be in the best interest of the Macintosh and iView using public.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.