Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Whales revenge campaign

Started by Lndr ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Whales revenge campaign

5 posts
  1. Something that I though some folk here might be interested in - http://www.whalesrevenge.com/

     

    Its worth a click :lol:

     

     

    Media release from the site: -

     

     

    Date: Friday 23 June, 2006

     

    Japan scores but the fight’s not over

     

    Japan has won its first vote at the International Whaling Commission (IWC) in 20 years. A vote that endorses it’s pro-whaling position. But the fight is not over, not by a long shot.

     

    The small victory to Japan could in fact work against them according to Australian Environment Minister Ian Campbell. He believes more nations opposed to whaling will become involved in the IWC and vote with countries like Australia.

     

    As the creator of Whales Revenge, I have been blown away by the massive amount of people from all over the world who have singed the petition to stop all whaling.

     

    Since being started in February this year nearly 200-thousand people have added their names to the Whales Revenge website.

     

    So what is the campaign?

     

    I asked myself - what can one person do to help stop the whale slaughter?

     

    Answer: Get 1,000,000 signatures and have fun at the same time!

     

    One Million… that’s the number of names being collected to take to the International Whaling Commission.

     

    The idea is simple, design a fun, free online game and use the internet to spread the word.

     

    People visit WhalesRevenge.com, play the game, sign a petition and then email their friends about the game.

     

    Like most people, I was frustrated and upset by what’s going in the Southern Ocean and like most people I felt powerless to do anything about it, until now.

     

    I’m convinced that many more people feel the same way so I have set out to prove the point.

     

    Whales Revenge is an attempt to draw more attention to what’s going on, but it’s also a good way to take out some of your frustrations in fun way. The whales finally get their revenge on the whaling ships in a classic arcade style game.

     

     

    The game: WhalesRevenge.com

    The Aim: Save four whales by sinking the whaling ships while avoiding the harpoons. Then sign the petition and send it to all your friends.

     

     

    Contact: Patrick Bonello

     

    +61 3 9592 0804

  2. Good work. I also believe that hitting the pro-whaling countries wallets is what will get the message across. A world wide tourism boycott of pro-whaling nations (and especially poor tourist dependant islands) will really get the message accross.

    How does one organize this effectively?

  3. One more...

  4. I also believe that hitting the pro-whaling countries wallets is what will get the message across.

     

    Yeah, no more Japanese cameras! :lol:

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.