Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lens reflexion ghost - shooting wide and upward

Started by trimix18/45 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Lens reflexion ghost - shooting wide and upward

5 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I own my DSLR since a few months now and I noticed that when there is a lot of natural light and I shoot upward, even if I do not include a sunburst in the image, using a wide angle lens and a dome port; sometimes I have some lens image ghost reflected in the bottom of the image. This also occur when doing some split shoots in front of the sun.

     

    Is there any trick to follow to minimise the risk that those ghost appear ?

     

    Thanks,

    Edited by trimix18/45
  2. Dominique,

     

    Stephen Frink posted this solution to the problem. You will need to go to page 2 and look for Stephen's March 28 article. I have tried it with the Canon 10-22 behind the Ikelite 8" dome and didn't notice any lens reflection.

     

    Hope this helps

    Edited by dmoss
  3. Thansk David,

     

    I will try this solutions !

  4. What housing are you using. Maybe the refletion you mention came from the dome interior (if shining black) and not from the lens itself...

     

    All the best,

    Rui Guerra

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.