Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New video housing for the Panasonic DVX100

Started by TJO ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

New video housing for the Panasonic DVX100

4 posts
  1. SSP will launch a video housing for the Panasonic DVX100 in February.

    6000 USD, 100 m... I am sure they will show it at the Dive expo here

    in Tokyo beginning of February. SSP do the pro video housings.

     

    http://www.netwave.or.jp/~shioya/dvx100top.htm

  2. Nice cam & bit of UW kit!

     

    I see you use the Oly E20/Titan setup. Mine is on order. Are you pleased with yours?

  3. I had some big initial problems with it... first delivery were delayed several times, then the camera just wouldn't respond when pushing buttons on the house. The dealer here in Japan was very helpful and helped me + sent it to LM who kept it for 2 months. Finally that worked. So it took me more than 8 months before I could use it since ordering it. Then I went on a back-to-back liveaboard and the strobes just didn't fire off properly the first 5-10 dives. After that it worked fine and I am quite happy with it now. It is really very well made and I like the ROC controll. I am absolutely going to keep it and switch over from film to the E-20/Titan. Compared to the Sea&Sea house I have it is very easy to take out the camera.

     

    My wife is mainly using our video and we have been looking on a LM video house because I like the Titan house so much.

  4. I see. Crikey, I bought mine from the US & do not fancy returning it back there (from UK) if there are problems. Fingers crossed!!

     

    Thanks for the comments.

     

    Yeah I've got the same problem too....... a wife who dives. I can see us fighting over the camera whilst diving. I am thinking of either investing in a housing for my video or even buying another camera (something a bit cheaper like the Oly 5050). Its all cost though!!!

     

    Mark

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.