Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

A620 Canon

Started by Albion ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

A620 Canon

3 posts
  1. Having buggered up my Sony P10 (which wasn’t giving great results anyway) im looking to get a new camera and housing. The A620 seems to give some good results, however I ties over the housings

     

     

    OEM housing is a good price and I can probably just get a new tray to mate it with my existing sea and sea arm and strobe. However I note that there aren’t any converters for the sea and sea macro lenses on this housing (in fact it has a fairly weird shaped lens)

    So how good are the macro shots with the standard camera? I’m not into really small stuff but some nice nudi shots and other littlish critter is good.

     

     

    Alternate is I bung down some extra (err double the camera cost by the time I get macro lens etc) cash and go with the ikelite and inon macro. Ive got some UL parts to make half an arm system up for the strobe.

     

    Any advice?

     

     

    Maybe not the best place to ask but another option is the Fuji E900, ikelite housing is cheaper but camera is more, but am I getting a better bang for my buck?

  2. Hi Albion,

     

    I've been using the Canon A610 (the smaller "brother" of the A620) for the last 4 months.

     

    I bought the Canon WP-DC90 underwater housing which is very well priced.

     

    Been getting really good results and am enjoying the camera both topside and U/W.

     

    I use the internal flash with a diffuser, but am looking out for an external strobe

     

    http://www.marinecamera.com/lensadapter.html check this link with regards to lens adapters for Canon housings

     

    hope this helps

     

    regards

     

    Reggie

    post-6983-1152517513_thumb.jpg

  3. Albion,

     

    I had the opportunity to use a Canon A620 with an Ikelite housing this past winter on Grand Cayman. I chose the Ike housing because I already own a couple Inon macro 67mm lenses that would work with this housing. If you are willing to get by without the ability to shoot in raw, this is a compact point and shoot that does a pretty good job. As with many of the P & S, an added focus light would help immensely, as the camera struggles in low light .I used an Inon single strobe with mine as well. Having had experience with an Olympus c-5050, the colors appear to be quite vivid with the Canon , and there is less of a shutter lag.I had no trouble with the 4 rechargeable AA batteries making it through two hour long dives, using the LCD continually. The macro abilities are not up to par with the C5050, but the added wetmate lens takes care of that .>Unfortunately I currently don't have any of these photos on display anywhere, but I'm working to resolve that.

    I realize not much technical advice offered, but wanted to share my positve experiences with this camera.

    Good luck.

    post-6923-1152588235_thumb.jpg

    post-6923-1152588289_thumb.jpg

    post-6923-1152588485_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Quinn

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.