Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Housing a d60

Started by chrisg ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing a d60

4 posts
  1. Can anyone compare and contrast the merits of the Sea+Sea 3060 housing vs the UK Germany one, or any other housing option for this camera?

  2. Eric is the only person I'm aware of that has had both housings, and it seems like he was more or less satisfied with the Sea and Sea on his australia trip.

     

    I'm pretty happy with the Sea and Sea myself. The only lense I had that I could get housed for the trip was a 28-80, and it did ok for the most part. I did some limited testing in the pool a couple weeks ago, and was worried about the viewfinder, but it worked out well in Cozumel this past week. I felt that I had access to all the controls I would need.

     

    One of the nicest things was being able to quickly switch ISO levels during the diveas it gives you another level of control over exposure.

  3. Eric also has a sweet deal on his UK housing with extras, you should contact him.

  4. I've found that both housings are fantastic.

     

    Sea & Sea:

    1) larger - more bulky

    2) better ergonomics, possibly better support in the U.S.

    3) expandable (extra bulkheads)

    4) housing and macro ports have hotshoe

    5) cheaper

     

    UK Germany:

    1) beautiful machined aluminum

    2) very small + easier to pack

    3) access to the same set of buttons

    4) newer iterations have hotshoe on top

    5) $$$ (unless you are buying it used. :)

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.