I've used Photoshop Album happily for the last 3 years or so to index and keep track of my 11,000+ Nikon RAW files. But PSA doesn't seem to recognise D200 RAWs - and I understand there is no update on the horizon.
Has anyone found a workaround for D200 RAWs and PSA? Or can anyone recommend a photo album program which provides indexing and backup to CDs/DVDs?
Look at Photomechanic, you can download a trial at www.camerabits.com
if photoshop album recognises the adobe dng format, you could convert them to dng and go from there maybe?
/paul
You should check out Extensis Portfolio. It does all you mentioned, and much more. Keeps track of RAW files, links the files converted from RAW to the original file, does indexed searches, etc.
Thanks guys. I will check out the programs you suggest; and Paul's suggestion on the DNG.
I've just spoken to Adobe tec support who tell me they don't support Adobe Photoshop Album! How bizarre is that?
Hey guys, this might be old news to many, in which case apologies - but I must have taken my eye off Adobe for a moment or two: Photoshop Elements 3 and 4 are (sort of) successors to Photoshop Album. Both incorporate the indexing elements of Album. A plug-in is available (free of charge) which will handle Nikon D200 RAW files.
Tim,
Elements 4 will read and edit D200 files with the new Camera Raw plug in. HOWEVER, the album portion of Elements 4 doesn't read and display the D200 NEF files.
I posted this on the Adobe website many months back.
I have gotten frustrated with Adobe and Elements. Elements 3 had severe problems with its backup program. The solution by Adobe? Fix in in Elements 4. Now there is another problem they seem to be ignoring, though I wasn't aware it extended to other programs.
I use Iview, which was just bought by Microsoft.
SD
Hi SD
I've managed get PSE4 to read the D200 RAWs in the Album mode by using the free RAW plug-in 3.2.
However the program doesn't show a thumbnail for my PSAlbum images which I have moved offline! So if its not one problem, its another. I'l check out iView too. Thanks.
Another vote for Photo Mechanic. It's the gold standard in daily journalism; I'd reckon it saves me 30 minutes a day.