Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoshop CS Question

Started by John Bantin ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop CS Question

6 posts
  1. I have Photoshop CS.

    I downloaded a trial version of CS2 but found I still had to get a plug-in to see the NEF files from the D200, and replace the Nikon plug-in that was already in the extensions folder of CS2.

    My question is:

    Can I simply put that plug-in in the extensions folder of my original CS and thereby use my existing software to read the NEF files from the D200?

     

    Answers in simple words please! (I use a Mac)

    Edited by John Bantin
  2. I knew you'd know!

  3. Hey JB

     

    Ask any 14 year old, they know sooooo much more about IT than us er um more seasoned youngsters.

     

    Have you tried Nikon Capture 4.4?

     

    Nige

  4. if you are going to get into capture for the first time, Capture NX makes a lot more sense...

     

    For a Pro, it may eliminate Photoshop from the workflow entirely...

  5. You can also use the free Adobe DNF converter to convert your NEF files to DNF. Then open the DNF in CS. This works quite well. The DNF has lossless RAW compression so the files are roughly 20% smaller. I did this for quite a while with my Canon 5D .CR2 files, which are not supported by CS. I eventually broke down and upgraded to CS2 for some of the new features such a smart sharpen, spot healing, and the lens correction filter. For $150 the upgrade was worth it.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.