Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica A995 improved shutter release

Started by DivinDiva ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica A995 improved shutter release

6 posts
  1. I just returned from a trip to Ft Lauderdale where I got to try out the new improved shutter release on my Aquatica 995. I had had problems with the shutter sticking at depth or being to stiff at shallow depth. The improved shutter release is much better. I was abel to push the shutter with ease at 20 ft and had no problems at depth. ( Although I only dove to 75 ft.)

    The cold front put a little bit of a damper on our topside activity but we still had some good diving.

     

    Sandy

  2. Hi Sandy,

     

    That's good to hear. Kudos to the folks at Aquatica for that.

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

  3. I had my A995 shutter assembly replaced last Nov, and have done some 25 dives so far down to a max depth of 120 ft. Absolutely perfect. Aquatica are tops!

     

    I always maintain that everyone makes mistakes, it's what you do to fix them that counts most. (Although admittedly it would have been better if the problem did not exist in the first place :)

     

    John

  4. Did you install the assembly yourself or have Aquatica do it?

    I was wondering how difficult it is.

    Thanks

    Forest

  5. I have done it myself, probably some 5 times over so far!

     

    It is very easy indeed, just ensure you pressure test the housing before using it with the camera!

     

    John

  6. I didn't feel comfortable doing it myself so I sent mine back to Aquatica. They were great about it though. They even reimbursed me for shipping and returned it in time for my next trip.

     

    Sandy

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.