Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Olympus 330

Started by Kel ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus 330

5 posts
  1. Hi all, can anybody shed light on the new 330 from Olympus. I have heard very little about this set up and I am thinking about getting one for my self. I am moving up from a 50/50. Can you use any thing but the Olympus stobes? is there any adapters for other ttl strobes. Realy I am looking for the good bad and ugly about the camera.

    Thanks Kel

  2. Kel,

    I haven't seen anything about it as an underwater camera. Neither have I seen any images posted. You might be in pioneering territory. However, I can tell you there are a couple of options other than Olympus strobes. Ikelite housing and Ikelite strobes, the other option is a bulkhead fitting replacement from Matthew hienrichs (sp?) which will allow you to use the Nikonos Strobes.

     

    Later,

    Gary

  3. I just read the latest UWP (Underwater Photography) Magazine article on the E330. The magazine is downloadable and free to registered users. He covers the camera in pretty good detail. The link is on the digital diver site Tropical just sent you too.

     

    BTW Tropical...nice shots! My wife owns the E-500 and loves the camera. We've yet to house it. I own the SP-350 and have been enjoying it as an underwater point and shoot. I've coveted the E-330 since it came out. Your pics just made me want it even more. <_<

     

    Gary

    Edited by ce4jesus
  4. Thanks everybody, I have had a play with one out of the water over here in Aus and have spoken with the local Olympus diver( Jane Jenkins) but wanted some clean thoughts and statments. I have ordered one and it should be here next month.

    Kel

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.