Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

High-bandwidth Web Hosts?

Started by Nick Hope ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

High-bandwidth Web Hosts?

5 posts
  1. I've been delighted with the service I've had from my web host but I'm not too impressed with the amount of bandwidth they're offering for the money.

     

    http://unitedhosting.co.uk/hosting.php

     

    A friend of mine uses Verio and they offer a lot more (200Gb per month for $11.95 sounds good to me) but the support has been rather slow:

     

    http://www.verio.com/hosting-plan-1000/

     

    Does anyone have any recommendations for good, reliable, fast Apache/unix hosts with bandwidth in the 100Gb-per-month-plus range without breaking the bank?

     

    Nick

    Edited by bubblevision
  2. Hi, Nick.

    I use Aruba as a hosting, unix, one of the offers you may find HERE

    This is the offer for Linux , with a good price.

    Other offers from them ARUBA HOSTING

    I have them now for four years. There is no limit of bandwidth.

    Greatings from Gran Canaria.

  3. Be sure to read the small print. A lot of low cost/high bandwidth hosting companies state in their Terms of Service that you can not host music or video files and sometimes even photo galleries on your site. Quite why you'd need that amount of bandwidth when you don't host those types of files is a bit of a strange one.

     

    I've been stung once like that before where I'd paid for a 12 month package and they refused to refund it. You may not get caught, but there's always a chance. Another good tip obviously is not to pay in advance like me (!) and just pay monthly - that way you'd never loose much.

     

    Cheers, Simon

  4. I have set up a server with a company here in AUS.

    It runs fast and just for Wetpixel people I will offer the Titanium package for the Gold Price just because I'm a good bloke :lol:

     

    If you have a .com name you will just need to point it to the server.

    You also get your own Cpannel

     

    PCWAGS Web Hosting

     

    Cheers

    Wags

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.