Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

PS Posterization

Started by JackConnick ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

PS Posterization

4 posts
  1. I was using the "Poster Edges" filter in Photoshop on a recent project and liked the effect. Thought I'd try a few UW images. Best shots are bright and graphic. Harder-edged critters like crabs work nicely. You can control width, intensity and number of colors used in the posterization. Easy to set up and use. I have some more on my Flickr site.

     

    Blue Spotted Sting ray

    188623026_7f002c216f.jpg

     

    Brown Xeno Crab

    188623571_3158293a4e.jpg

     

    And my favorite:

    Puget Sound King Crab C.U.

    188623681_dcd0835351.jpg

     

    Jack

    Edited by JackConnick
  2. Neat effect. I really like the Xeno Crab. It looks like a comic book character.

  3. Jack,

     

    Can you post before pics too? That'd be a neat comparison.

     

    Joe

  4. Ok, here are the originals:

     

    152914288_28bc7dbf12.jpg

     

    160665881_bfa94eb2c2.jpg

     

    126851035_d4f520be5e.jpg

     

    Jack

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.