Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

YS 90 Auto Question

Started by High Plains Drifter ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

YS 90 Auto Question

3 posts
  1. Hi everyone....brand new to this forum and almost as new to UW Photography, so please forgive the inevitable stupid posts :lol: ...

     

    I saw Nay's question on Tips for strobes, specifically his YS-90 Auto, but didn't want to leech off of the post. I, too, have just picked up a YS-90 Auto, but connected fiber-optically to a Sea & Sea 8000G. Looking through the manual, they seem to recommend setting ISO sensitivity to 100. For those familiar with the strobe, is that what you use? Is this best for many/most situations?

     

    Any insight you have would be truly appreciated.

     

    Thanks!

  2. FWIW, that's generally what I use. My camera's ISO goes down to 80 but with the strobe it's just easier to go with the even 100.

     

    I've gone as high as 400 but it was fairly grainy.

     

    There are many more experienced people out there who might be able to provide better info than I can.

     

    Let me know how your shooting goes.

  3. Thanks Nay! Kona's next week and I'm really looking forward to the camera's maiden voyage.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.