Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Workflow

Started by MPC ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Workflow

2 posts
  1. Back from my Cayman Aggressor photo workshop. We had a great week and learned a lot of stuff. Once again I want to Thank Mike & Mike for a great and fun week! :rolleyes:

    Now that I have all my NEFs on my laptop and backed up tp my external hardrive. I want to edit the ones I think are worth it and put together a slide show.

    I have Nikon Capture and CS2 for software. I ahve studied the book " Photoshop for Nature Photographers" by Anon & Gray. Which has been very useful.

    But I am looking for a simple way to edit my underwater pic's. is there some articles online or a book out there that is dedicated for underwater photography?

    I an very much a novice with CS2, but I can do the basics, I just want to make sure I don't screw up my RAW files :lol:

     

    Thanks for any advice!

  2. I found 'Digital Imaging for the Underwater Photographer' by Jack and Sue Drafahl to be quite helpful when I got started with CS2. Another awesome publication I have just finished and I am trying to put into practice is George DeWolfe's Digital Photography Fine Print Workshop. I also attended Tom & Theresa Stack's Underwater Digital Workshop in February this year which was great.

    You do not have to worry about messing up RAW files as long as you keep a backup, and get into the habit of duplicating a RAW file and then working on the duplicate. Then save each version with a new file name briefly describing what you have done to the file or what the purpose of the file is designating it for web or for printing or B&W etc.

    Another nice but a little more pricey option is Apple's Aperture which maintains your original file intact always, creating a new version automatically each time.Also you can do most basic edits in Aperture without going to Photoshop.

    Hope this helps.

    Jeff

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.