Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Can't open RAW

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Can't open RAW

10 posts
  1. Ok went out with the new D200 shot RAW, downloaded into CS2. When I go to open the file in Bridge I get "could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document". The files read NEF with the typical _DSC012.

     

    Now I am an CS2 idiot, I just want to open it in Bridge Raw. Any step by step help would be welcome.

  2. pretty sure you need to download the newest ACR update.

     

    you can find it HERE for Windows and HERE for the Mac.

    Edited by richorn
  3. Richard is correct - you need the update.

  4. Thanks for the link so I downloaded it. Still getting the same response. Tried it on my Desktop which has never had a problem same issue. Old D100 raw files no problem but the RAW D200 no joy. Any other options? Could it be the file name it does not like?

     

    PS: Use Mozilla as browser and it does do strange things with downloads sometimes.

    Edited by NWDiver
  5. While the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw should open your d200 files (sorry can't tell you why it won't), a short term solution would be to convert your d200 .nef files to .dng using the adobe digital negative converter:

     

    http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/

  6. Once you download that file, don't you have to drag and drop it in a specific folder within CS2?

     

    I think you do but I don't know which folder.

  7. sounds like a case of RTFM to me...

     

    Yes, the file needs to be placed in a specific folder, and the old file needs to be moved and renamed FIRST. The "directions" are on the download page and read-me file.

     

    Here is the opening statement on the page:

     

    Camera Raw 3.4 update

     

    Important notice:

    Read the following installation instructions carefully. Incorrect installation will prevent Adobe Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw 3.4 from reading raw images correctly.

     

    The instructions are different for Mac and PC.

  8. Try this:

    Here are the instructions for installing the plugin:

     

    Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Creative Suite 2:

    Windows®:

    1. Exit Photoshop CS2.

    2. Open My Computer.

    3. Double-click Local Disk (C:).

    4. Navigate to Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS2/File Formats.

    5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your

    desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.

    6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as Step

    4.

    7. Launch Photoshop CS2 or Adobe Bridge.

     

    This were sent to me by Rand when I had the same problem. It worked like a charm.

  9. Martin,

     

    Any luck?

  10. I think mtnman was on track.

     

    Using Mozilla I had to download Adobe Update 3.4 to my desktop, then go into Adobe and find the Plug In folder. Then move the file from my Desktop into Adobe Plug In folder and viola it worked. Honestly I need one of my IT guys to show me this.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.