Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

ID if you can

Started by kriptap ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

ID if you can

5 posts
  1. No Idea what it is but there was another post from a friend of mine who found one of these a few weeks ago, this was his post:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14269

     

    However I don't think it is an Isopod and have another image that might help:

     

    CAY3790.jpg

     

    Any ideas what it is? to help here are a few details:

     

    It's about 5MM in size, was walking quite fast on a purple sea fan, North Wall Grand Cayman one week ago. When I say walking quite fast about 2MM per second.

  2. Why don't you think it's an isopod? Seems like a perfectly good sphaeromatid isopod to me. I know this is a lab shot & therefore unworthy of WP but it does show what a sphaeromatid looks like.

    post-2918-1153352610_thumb.jpg

  3. Should have known to listen to you Leslie, I now agree. Thanks!

  4. And thanks for posting such a cute little guy! I'm going to send it to my friend Regina, the sphaeromatid queen, who will probably squeal with delight (imagine, preferring pods to worms..... :guiness: )

  5. Things like that are exactly why I don't go skinny dipping in the ocean.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.